I am more convinced than ever that the vast majority of us are suffering from loneliness. And it's not that we're hermits or socially awkward individuals as much as it's a combination of:
- We're exhausted and distracted with our lives. Some of us are, in fact, around people all day long and serving people in every direction, but still feeling lonely because there's a difference between being networked and feeling like we have a support net under us. We're lonely because we don't have the energy to engage more meaningfully.
- We haven't been taught how to connect with others. We feel like intimacy and connection should come automatically to us, but few of us have ever studied the subject, practiced new relationship skills, or been inspired by amazing modeling. This is a subject that we can learn and improve with intentional focus! We're lonely because we don't know what to do to change it.
- We've been told that our friendships are a luxury when in fact they are very much a necessity to our health. More important to our health and happiness than our marriages, children, exercise, or work and money is whether we feel like we are supported and loved. We're lonely because our life is full with everything else and we haven't prioritized our sense of community.
In this 11 minute video, I want to talk about loneliness, what it looks like in our lives, and how I want to address those needs by helping you meet new friends and make better friendships. Here's a glimpse:
- Why friendship is the most important health issue of our time. Wait until you hear the quote I share by Dr. Dean Ornish! Amazing!
- Why admitting our loneliness is important and what the statistics show us about how few of us feel we have someone with whom to confide. If you don't feel like you have a close friend-- you will soon realize you are not alone!
- The four most common types of loneliness so we can recognize the needs in our own lives. Which one most accurately reflects your current, or recent, experience?
- And how GirlFriendCircles.com can help women meet new friends and make better friendships. We're getting ready to re-open our doors to a new community that wants to provide resources and inspiration for all four types of loneliness!
At the end of the video I invite you to leave a comment and share with all of us which of the 4 areas of loneliness speaks most to you? Which need do you most need to pay attention to meeting?
With so much love and a desire to transform our lives from that gnawing loneliness into fulfilling connections,
p.s. This video is the 2nd in a series of 3 so watch for my next one on Saturday when I teach how we can grow our sense of connection! (And in case you missed the first one.)
p.s.s. I am re-opening GirlFriendCircles.com next Tuesday, July 19! Get ready to say "yes" to greater connection in your life! xoxo