On a pretty regular basis I hear so many of us share how we feel betrayed by our friends. Have you felt betrayed by friends? Disappointed by their actions (or inactions)? Here are some examples I hear pretty frequently:
- "We used to see each other at work all the time... now she never even reaches out to me."
- "I can't believe she's not coming to my wedding. She says she doesn't have the time off work but if she really cared about me..."
- "After my divorce, she stopped calling and inviting me to things..."
- "She knew how important this event was to me, but you wouldn't have known it by her actions."
- "When I needed friends the most... she was too busy. Guess she wasn't the friend I thought she was!"
Does that pain tempt you to want to pull away and protect yourself? Do you tend to devalue the other person and assume they're phony, fake, toxic, or not a good friend?
In this video-- I share with you some big things that have been rolling around in my heart on this topic for quite a while. I challenge you to listen to them, hold them with a non-defensive heart, and consider what might be done to help foster a healthier relationship!